Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow and New Camera!!

Seems like ages since I have made a blog post! Been busy with projects/deadlines.

I used some of my Christmas money to get a new digital camera as my other one had been dead for a while and I was using my parent's old one but wanted my own! And now.. I'm loving it!! I got a FujiFilm FinePix S1000fd 10MP 12X Zoom. The detail I can get with it is amazing! My cards are going to look awesome now!! LOL

Here are a few shots that I took just playing around.

I am sitting in the other room on the couch, zoomed in on Allie taking the shot through the doorway! (forgot to have the red eye reduction on if you can't tell! lol)

I forgot to put the flash up nor did I have the Macro set. Saying all that.. I LOVE how this picture turned out.

Camera is set on natural lighing/macro here. Jorden is so photogentic.. doesn't get it from me! lol

So what about SNOW?? We are finally getting some! Kids were even sent home 2 hrs early today so you know it must be bad out. I decided to try taking pictures sitting here at the table through our big window. These are the results. (note: there is plastic on the window on the inside!)

Close up of neighbor's pine tree.

I love this picture of Jorden watching it snow. I didn't have it set on natural light as I was trying to capture more of the snow outside not what was inside the house.

Don't forget to check back tomorrow as I just might have a sneak peek for you.......

7 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Have fun with your new toy! What a great gift!!

gale said...

Nice pics! It's always fun to get a new toy!

fishlips said...

How fun this new camera will be...The picture of the kids are just 2 sweet!!!!!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Congrats on the new camera Amber! That's great. I would love to get a new one sometime this year. We'll see.

Unknown said...

New cameras are so fun! I love that last picture! What kind of camera did you get?

Heather said...

Great pictures! Have fun playing with your new camera!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I love the last one. Before I scrapped I would have said, "crap a bad picture" (if I had taken one like that), now I'd be thrilled and excited about scrapping it, lol. I like pics like that. They are kind of arty.