Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blog Hop - My Knight in Shining Armor

Welcome to another MFT Release Blog Hop. Kim of MFT is starting out the blog hop so if you didn't come from her blog, head on over there, you don't want to miss out on starting from the beginning.

I decided to use the set "Good Knight". I used all but four of the sayings in the set on just this card! I did cut apart one of the sayings so that I could use just the word "My" with "Hero".

Castle and Knight are embossed in sliver embossing powder. Shield, draw bridge and flags are all paper pieced, held down with Helmar Acid Free glue. I layered the castle a few tims so it uses Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots for dimension. The knight also uses Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. The dragon was watercolored with distress reinkers. All the squares were distressed with distress inks. All the squares and background use Helmar's Quick Fix Runner adhesive. Layout is sketch challenge 182.

stamps: Good Knight - MFT; paper: black, saraha sand, dsp, silver; ink: black, versamark; accs: helmar liquid scrap dots, helmar acid free glue, helmar quick fix runner, silver embossing powder

Now head on over to Amy's blog to see her fabulous creation. Enjoy the hop!

My Favorite Things (http://www.mftstamps.com/) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, January 7th from 9-10 p.m. Eastern time. This month there are FOUR new sets being released including a Who's that Girl set that is Maid for You!

Head over to the MFT forum on
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

53 comments:

Laura said...

This is so stinkin' cute, Amber! I love this layout!

StampOwl said...

love it Amber

Christina Fischer said...

What a fun layout! It's a great way to use all those images! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your card Amber super job.

JessicaK said...

I love the dimension on this one, Amber. Great job.

Amy Sheffer said...

So cool, Amber! I love how you worked in the different sentiments! Clever!

Karinn said...

Wow! I love the silver and this layout!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Wow, Amber, there is so much going on in this card and I love every detail. Fabulous sketch! Love the words intermixed with a scene. FAB!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cute Amber!!

Ginny said...

too cute tfs

StampinCathy said...

Wow I just love your card. The layout is so cool and these images are perfect.

gale said...

Oh that's so cute. I love the embossing.

The Mama Monkey said...

Very cute use of that sketch! I love the castle! Wow...your detail is amazing!

Maureen said...

great card!

Deb said...

Amber, this is adorable! I love the block pattern and those perfect images in opposing corners! The silver *armor* is such a great idea!

Candice said...

This is fabulous, Amber - LOVE how you're embossed them in the silver!!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Cool layout Amber! Great job!

Lisa H. said...

super cute and what a fabulous layout! tFS!

Anonymous said...

so so adorable, Amber! Way to go, you dirty girl, you! ;)

Michelle Giraud said...

Very cute - love the layout you used!

AShu93 said...

Wow! That is the cutest stamp set I've ever seen! Beautiful job with the layout & your coloring!

Swamp Tulip said...

Awesome. I can't wait to order this set. I have so many ideas - oh I wanna play!

Teresa

Sew Club said...

Great card, Amber - love the embossed castle!

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love those images embossed, and what a great layout! Love the dragon in the upper corner!

Anonymous said...

I love the squares and the writing! It is perfect!

Michelle said...

LOVE this! The layout is great, the shining knight is awesome. Fantastic card!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

So cute Amber! Love your embossed castle and the way you used all the sentimentS!

diane zechman said...

This is great, Amber! I love the layout you chose!

Kim P said...

What a fun card! Must have taken a long time...but the results are worth it!!

fishlips said...

Oh my Amber this is a total delight, love the layout and the images are just Darling, wow I love it!!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE your layout! fabulous work!

Janna said...

THis is just adorable!!! I love the shimmer and the layout is perfect!!! Great job!

Smiles,
Janna

Kristen said...

I just love the little dragon! He is just too cute!

Kristen said...

I just love that little dragon. He is just adorable!

Starla said...

Very cute!

chickadee3357 said...

Awesome card!

Unknown said...

Amber I love this! It is soooooooooooo cute!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful Amber--love the layout--this is fabulous!!!

Gabby said...

Super cute! Awesome LO!

Louise F NZ said...

Great card Amber, love the silver embossed castle, looks fab.

Kim said...

Very pretty Amber!! Fun layout!

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Amber!! Love the castle!

P Myers said...

What a great set. Too bad my son is now grown up. He was really into the knights and castles when he was little.

Cathy said...

I love your card, and the layout is so cute. Thank you for sharing your card.

Kay's Creative Corner said...

Such a cute card!!! TFS

Heather said...

This card is so cute! Great job!

Joy said...

VERY VERY cool Amber! L(

Karen Hanim said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the blocked look you gave your card, this is a cool layout, I love it!

Tlbran said...

Love your layout. It looks like such a fun card to have made

Anonymous said...

Love the layout and the details! Very nice:)

Sankari W. said...

beautiful layout Amber! love the castle and the knight and dragon!! very cool!
Best wishes,
Sankari :)

SCS blog group : )

Rachel Brumley said...

This is too cute! I love all the details.