Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wise Men Still Seek Him

I loved the Sketch Challenge 202 over at SCS today. Well actually I love all the sketches Rox finds. Did you know you can go to this thread and print out all 202 sketches to have right at your finger tips?? LOVE IT!!

For today I pulled out Treehouse Stamps "Wise Men Still Seek Him" set as I was in the mood for a Christmas card. (only days left.. do you have your cards started??) I also used Ashley's color challenge for this week of Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze and white/vanilla. I watercolored the image with the Baja Breeze and Old Olive ( I have yet to get Kiwi Kiss ink!!). Added a little yellow for the star and some Creamy Caramel for the road. Added stickles to the star and the candle just for a little shimmer.

The distresser tool was calling my name pretty loudly as I've been neglecting it so I pulled it out and went to town. The squares are 1 3/8 and 1 1/4, faux stitching with white gel pen done on all three with the sentiment going on the last square. I added some black Rhinestones to the corners of the main image. The "star" design paper is Ski Slope from the SU mini catalog.

stamp: Wise Men Still Seek Him - Treehouse Stamps; paper: kiwi kiss, baja breeze, vanilla; ink: baja breeze, old olive, black stazon, creamy caramel, yellow; accs: baja breeze ribbon, rhinestones, distressing tool, white gel pen, aquapainter, stickles

16 comments:

fishlips said...

Wow this is TOTALLY Fantastic... Love everything...Love all the distressing you have done and the white gel pen lines...STUNNING Christmas Card!!!

Unknown said...

adorable!

Dawn said...

This is just SOOO pretty! Love the color combo and the sticching@ great job

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Love the colors and the distressing is just perfect for the card!

Laura said...

fishlips said it all love it!!!! what a great card

Heather said...

Beautiful card! I love all the detail you put into it! Great job!

Louise F NZ said...

This is awesome.... I love the distressing and the image is fab.

thescrapmaster said...

BEAUTIFUL! That edgework is gorgeous!

~Samantha

gale said...

Gorgeous card!! I love all the layers and details on it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome card. I love everything about it. The distressing looks so good.

Unknown said...

This is so so so cute!

Jennifer Schmidt said...

This is fabulous Amber! Love the distressing. All of the little details add so much here- just love it!

Rachel Brumley said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the details, especially the distressing.

Ann said...

I love your colors and distressing! :D

CathyRose said...

Love the card! Now I know I must get the distressing tool!

Tlbran said...

WOW! Love the look your distresser tool made. It really made the card look wonderful. I love the colors you used and the faux stitching.