Friday, September 5, 2008

Friends & Lattes

I am forwarning you now, you may want to grab a cup of coffee now because when you are done with this post, you will be wanting a cup! :)

Treehouse Stamps is releasing a set every Friday this month and tonight's release is a coffee set called Friends & Lattes.

This set was perfect for the Limited Supply challenge today which was to make a card using any color of orange and a coffee image! I decided to make a Criss Cross Pocket card. I embossed coffee beans in clear on the Pumpkin Pie cardstock and then sponged on tons of distress inks. I used a coluzzle to cut out my circles and a corner punch to make the scallop edge. The coffee cup is stamped in distress ink and embossed in clear. After coloring it with Prismacolor pencils, I used distress inks again and went wild! lol For the inside, I only inked up the first part of the sentiment and stamped that, added some doodles and once again distressed with distress inks.


I made this card during the week for the sketch192 and color challenge 182 (Monochromatic). Of course that was also the same time my batteries decided to die! Once again I used the Friends & Lattes set from Treehouse. The coffee cups were masked and embossed in black. The coffee beans and Thanks a Latte were stamped in distress ink. Now the fun part, I distressed each piece with distress ink. Only the main image was stamped on white cardstock (not that you can tell now). Used decorative scissors for the mat.
stamp: Friends & Lattes - Treehouse Stamps; ink: distress inks - browns, black; paper: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, white; accs; ribbon, black embossing powder, decorative scissors, sponges

All this posting about coffee has made me want some. Even though it is after 8:30 pm, I think I will go make some coffee and add a scoop of ice cream to it too! YUMMM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way the first card turned out....like the orange toned down with the sponging

Anonymous said...

What yummy cards ... great for sending a note to friends! I really like the size of the images too.
~Bev

Maria said...

Great coffee cards!! Awesome!