Sunday, September 14, 2008

3-D Pointsetta card

The featured stamper was posted early Saturday night and since I was still up, I did it! The card I picked can be found here. I changed colors, stamp image and made a faux tag.

The stamps I used are coming soon (like next Friday) from Treehouse Stamps. So here is a sneak peek of "Christmas Favorites". I picked the pointsetta out of the set to use as I love pointsettas. I watercolored it my favorite pointsetta color... Pink! Well actually it is pretty in pink, regal rose and purely pomegranate! When i first saw this pointsetta, paper toile came to mind.

I stamped the pointsetta on the square piece (which I framed in by using a sliver krylon pen) and watercolored it in. Then I stamped the pointsetta three more times and watercolored them. I cut out the first one completely and using Helmar's liquid scrap dots, adhered it to the square piece. The next one I cut out again but this time I cut off the bottom layer of leaves and adhered it. The last pointsetta I cut out but this time i cut off both the bottom layer and the middle layer so I was left with only the top layer of 5 leaves and the middle. Adhered it and added yellow stickles to the middle of the flower. (I know, sounds confusing but it isn't. I have added a close up picture so you can see the dimension)

I left it to dry and went to work on the rest of the card. Stamping Joy (from the same set) all over the purely pomegranate piece and then tore the cardstock and distressed it with the ink. Tore wild wasibi and distressed it with ink too. Stamped Print Pattern in Regal Rose onto Regal Rose. The sentiment Happy Holidays (from the same set still) is stamped in Purely Pomegranate.

Back to the flower.... I used the slot punch on either side and the word window punch for the strips. Very carefully I adhered it to the cardfront as the Stickles are still not dry!! They take forever.
stamp: Christmas Favorites - Treehouse Stamps, Print Pattern - SU; ink: purely pomegranate, pretty pink, regal rose, black stazon, wild wasibi; paper: purely pomegranate, regal rose, wild wasibi; accs: brads, aquapainter, liquid scrap dots, stickles, sliver krylon pen

close up of the poinsetta

2 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Very pretty! I love it!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh now that is a nifty card...I detest cutting...I have no idea how I became a paper crafter cause in grade school if there were a grade for cutting and coloring I would have FAILED IT!!! LOL But this is fab!!!