Monday, August 4, 2008

I Moose You!! (sneak peek)

It's that time again.. MFT releases this week!! Such cute sets too... wait.. they are always cute!! Each month I say that month is my favorite and then the next month, Kim comes out with sets that i say, no this month is my favorite! What about you? What sets are your favorite? While you decide, here is a sneak peek to wet your appetite and make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe this month is my favorite! :)

Cindy H. always comes up with great sketches that are posted in the MFT forum on SCS. This week it suppose to be a circle but i changed it to a square. (don't worry, it's okay to change that little detail as long as the sketch is close to the original)

I used Nature Calls that is a really cute camping/outdoorsy set with animals, a pine tree, a tent and a hiker. A coordinating set,What's your Sign?, was also used on my card. I masked the moose and sponged in different shades of blues and pinks for my sky, green for my grass. I used watercolor crayons on the moose and blended with odorless minerals. Masked the moose again to add in the pine trees.

I cuttlebug'd the chocolate chip with the wood folder. For some reason I felt like doing some hand sewing and i HATE hand sewing!! So what do I do?? I hand stitched the ENTIRE card... well it felt like the entire card. Used Candle Wick yarn. All the sewing and colors feels rustic to me for some reason. I am seeing myself in a cabin watching the moose. ahhh That would be the life right now.

stamp: nature calls, what's your sign? - MFT; paper: chocolate chip, wild wasabi, white; ink: black, chocolate chip, distress inks blue, pinks, garden green; accs: hodgepodge, candle wick yarn, watercolor crayon, odorless minerals, cuttlebug

My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, August 6 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time.

This month there are FIVE new sets being released and some great new ribbon added to the store.

*The Girl Who Wants It All special for the The Aug Collection, which is one of each set being released, is $65.

Head over to the MFT forum on
www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

I do have pictures from our weekend at the fair. Sad to say that Allie didn't win anything for her sewing but that's okay. I will try to post them later on today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of sewing going on! Erma doesn't know if she could make that many stitches!

Kimme said...

Very cute and rustic. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

love the card!