Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to stamping!

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I am feeling tons better. Still a blow here or there but that's fine with me, at least now I can breathe! :)


I managed to whip out a card this morning as I am now down to just one child!! Benjamin started Kindergarten today! woohoo Yes, I have pictures but that will be a separate post.

I combined 3 challenges today into one card. The Featured Stamper, Try new Technique and Sharon's (NoTimeToStamp) blog challenge. For the Featured Stamper, I cased this card. I changed colors, stamp set and used the Try new Technique instead.

The Try New Technique was to do Faux Dry Embossing. I've done this before and it is loads of fun. First you stamp your image in white ink ( I used SU's white craft), stamp on your paper. Using a stamp-a-ma-jig, position it to the side just a little of the white image
and stamp the same image in the same color as your cardstock.
I really like how this turned out. Think I will do more of them to have on hand for whenever i might need one as Sympathy cards are hard to do at the time you need them the most.
stamp: Close as a Memory; paper: Lavendar lace, Orchid Opulence, Black; ink: Lavendar Lace, Orchid Opulence, Craft White; Accs: brads, stamp-a-ma-jig

3 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just wonderful Amber, so pretty!!! I love the technique and it makes a GREAT b/g!!! So glad you could play -- and hope you are totally better soon!!! Thanks much!!! I'm still coughing from my CHA sickness -- but almost gone!!!

Anonymous said...

Like the look of this faux embossing....might have to squeeze in a card afterall today!

Joanne said...

This turned out great!