Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Patriotic Birthday

Do you or someone you know celebrate a birthday around the 4th of July? Then this card is for you:


Some Patriotic Cupcakes! A sneak peek from MFT, What's Up Cupcake? The cupcakes are a complete stamp, no need for masking/stamp-a-ma-jig, just stamp and color. The cool part is the sprinkles. They are a complete separate stamp themselves!

I colored the liners with Prismacolor markers and added some Crystal Effects. For the sprinkles, I stamped them in blue and then added stickles. The cupcake stand is embossed in silver.
The rectangle and circle were both done using Nestibilites. (I used my moms. I don't have them myself :( ) White cardstock is embossed with the Happy Birthday folder and the red/blue cardstock are embossed with Dotted Swiss.

Every week there is a sketch in the MFT forum on SCS. This is this weeks sketch. Feel free to play along even if you don't own any MFTs, If you upload to SCS, use keywords: MFTSC33 so that we may find your card and leave a comment.
I am having some issues with my camera which isn't good since MFT's release is this week. Keep your fingers crossed that I am able to get pictures of my cards so that I can show you some more goodies that you will just love!

My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, June 4 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. LOTS of fun (and a surprise release) is planned including finding out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and we hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Love this card, great job:) I can't wait to see all the releases. You do wonderful work! Thanks for sharing:)

Denise Clark said...

Love the way the different shapes all came together. Great layout!

Denise