Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dedicated to those that Serve

To all of those that serve or have loved ones that are serving or have served, this card is for you. Thank you for your service!

Today's Ways to use it was to use Birds on our cards. I don't own many if any bird stamps so I thought I was up a creek without a paddle. Then I remembered that at demo camp this week we had made a card using The Free & the Brave set (Stampin' UP!) and used the eagle stamp! I hadn't finished mine so I set off to finish it.

I added more layers than what was given to us at demo camp. Distressed it with the distresser tool (they did do this at demo but i did it way more) and distressed it with matching inks (this was not done at demo camp). The saying and the stars are on dimensionals.

So you are probably wondering how I got the word LOVE to be Ruby Red and the rest of the saying is Blue Bayou when Stampin' UP doesn't have a Blue Bayou marker. A small piece of regular tape was stuck over the word LOVE, the stamp was stamped in Blue Bayou, removed tape and inked up LOVE with the Ruby Red marker. Don't forget to huff before stamping!

The big stars are from the set "In the Stars" (Occasions Mini collection '08) and were punched using the big star punch. The little red stars were punched from the Western Sky design paper.

I decided to take my picture outside and "borrowed" some of ds's army guys to use as props for my picture!

stamp: The Free & the Brave, In the Stars; paper: Western Sky dp, Ruby Red, Blue Bayou, white; ink: Ruby Red, Blue Bayou, River Rock; accs: brads, sponge, distresser tool, hemp twine, star punches

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice on this!!

StampOwl said...

great card Amber .... took me a while to find those eagles but I did hehe