Thursday, April 10, 2008

I did it so there!

The title is directed to a group that I'm in called the Sassy Seven. Each Wend. we have a card challenge that we are suppose to complete. As usual I am a day late! BUT.... This weeks challenge was a sketch that we had to follow and it included a CIRCLE!!! What you may not know (but the Sassy group does) is that i have a hard time wrapping my head around circle anything on cards!! So I think they made this sketch a challenge on purpose!! BUT I showed them!! I DID A CIRCLE ON MY CARD. So to my Sassy friends: emoticon

I'm still on a High Hope kick. (I have to get my use out of the stamps as long as I still have them. Sooner or later mom is going to want them back!!) I stamped the leaf first and masked it until I had the coverage I wanted. Then keeping the leaves masked, I stamped the little boy.

Images were watercolored with markers by scribbling the markers on a plastic lid and picking up the color with my aqua painter. I used the cloud stencil to add the sky in and some stickles on the flowers. I also stamped Sanded on the Night of Navy in Night of Navy for a texture look.

Now you may be wondering about the colors. The colors are from the color challenge on SCS for this week: Glorious Green, Real Red and Night of Navy. As for the eyelets, that is the Ways to Use It challenge on SCS this week.


stamp: high hopes, Sanded; ink: black stazon, night of navy; paper: night of navy, real red, glorious green, white; accs: real red, night of navy, glorious green markers, eyelets, stickles, cloud stencil, coluzzle

5 comments:

Riley Fitzgerald said...

This is really cute!

StampOwl said...

see I knew you could do it!!!!!!

Kimme said...

This is adorable. See, you CAN use circles! I told you to go ahead and change it to another shape though if you had to. Silly girl. Great Card!

Unknown said...

I got one word for you....SUCKER!!!! J/K, I'm very proud of you for using a circle, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Bwaaahhh! You are rubbing off on me Amber, I'm starting to dislike circles, too! But I give you props for being a good sport and playing anyway. Your card is fabulous!