Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hogs & Kisses

This card was for the Featured stamper and Try a New Technique. The technique was to layer ribbons.

My High Hope stamps were calling me so I used one of my favorite stamps. I colored the image with Prismacolor Watercolor pencils. Did a little paper piecing with the little girl's hair bow, shirt, cuff and pockets on her overalls. My ribbon layering is a little hard to see but I layered pink ribbon ontop of blue ribbon.

What about those studs/snaps?? They are like a blue "glass". I found them in my stash of misc sewing items. They are very old as they belonged to my grandma. The box they were in said 1949 on the side! I am thinking she used them on my uncles' shirts for their rodeo outfits. I wish she was still around so I could ask her just what she used them for. I have bags of them in a few different colors that were hers to use.


stamp: High Hopes; ink: black stazon, pretty in pink; paper: bashful blue, winter stackmat dp; accs: studs/snaps, notched corner punch, sponge, ribbon, prismacolor watercolor pencils, aquapainter

Edited to added: Thank goodness for internet/msn. My uncle popped in and i was able to ask him about the studs/snaps. Yes, Grandma did use them for his and his brother's rodeo shirts. How cool is that?

0 comments: