Saturday, April 5, 2008

ColorBlocked Cupcake

DD#2 has a birthday party to attend to today. Here is the card I threw together for her. I think a 9 yr old girl would like it. My daughter did. ;)

I used Taylor's sketch and Sharon's challenge of a color blocked background. Used two different sizes of little cupcakes to make the background. Liquid applique as the "icing" and crystal effects on the cherry and cupcake liner, added some sponging around the cupcake. Used corner round punch on the circle to get my scallops.

stamp: cupcakes and cupcake saying from Treehouse; ink: black, perfect plum, pretty in pink, lavender lace, brocade blue; paper: soft subtles; accs: brads, notched edge punch, corner round punch, ribbon, coluzzle, liquid applique, crystal effects

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its beautiful! I'm sure the birthday girl will love it too.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for playing

Taylor said...

Look at all those cupcakes!? So cute! Thanks for playing my sketch challenge!

Richelle said...

pretty card..love the shiny effect on the cherry and the cupcake!
Richelle