Wednesday, March 12, 2008

No Basic Gray in the house

Stampin' UP! Basic Gray that is. Well I don't have any Basic Gray paper either. But the color challenge was for SU's Basic Gray, Basic Black and Purely Pomegranate. I substituted Going Gray (I did order some basic gray though!!) on my card.

Punch a Bunch by My Favorite Things is what I used. I stamped the flowers all over the envelope and added some purely pomegranate cardstock to the flap. I made the scallops with the SU's 3/16 round corner punch. Black ribbon keeps the envelope shut. Mini gray card fits inside the envelope and I also used the round corner punch on it. Sketch pen was used for the doodles with the white gel pen for accents.
I also made this card to go with Sharon's (notimetostamp) challenge of making a card with a Fun Flap, meaning having a cardfront with a mini card/envelope/something that opens on it.
stamp: punch a bunch by MFT; ink: purely pomegranate, basic black; paper: going gray, basic black, purely pomegranate, computer paper for envelope; accs: sketch pen, scallop oval punch, ribbon, white gel pen

I happen to have a swap card in my stash that had used a retired set but the main cardfront was Basic Gray! I decided to recycle it as I was just itching to use some Basic Gray. Image is from Treehouse's Simply Organic set. Stamped in black, watercolored with purely pomegranate and a little old olive for the branch. More doodling and faux stitching added to the card. Made a faux ribbon by cutting the cardstock down to 1/4 inch and angling the ends.

stamp: Simply Organic by Treehouse Stamps; ink: purely pomegranate, black stazon, old olive; paper: basic black, basic gray, purely pomegranate, white; accs: aquabrush, sketch pen, white gel pen
So for those of you that don't have Basic Gray, now you can see the difference and also see why I had to order it! ;)
Also check out this new company I just found. Well okay, they aren't new but they are new to me. I know.. I must get out from under my shell and venture out more!! Anyways check out Unity Stamp Company and make sure you stop by her blog to enter in Gift Giveaways! (I entered yesterday but didn't win :( oh well, there is always a next time as she is giving away until May!!)
ps. Did you know you can click on the pictures to enlarge them? Just thought I'd throw that out there for those of you that didn't know it and wanted a closer look at the images.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy girl you are!! Great cards....I think I like the branch one best
Starla

Unknown said...

They're both gorgeous!!