Friday, March 7, 2008

Couple of little cards

I managed to make two cards for today's Limited supply. We were suppose to make a card smaller than 4.25x4.25 BUT (there is always a but!) we had to use scraps only on the card. So I pulled out my scrap container and went to work.


My first card uses two stamps from Treehouse Stamps that was just released. I colored with prism watercolor pencils and prismacolor markers. I sponged pretty in pink on both the image and the background paper. I added some creamy caramel to make it a little 'dirty' looking. Put some Frosted Lace stickles on the his bubbles.



stamp: pig in the tub, sentiment - Treehouse Stamps; ink: black stazon, pretty in pink, creamy caramel; paper: pretty in pink, berry bliss dp, close to cocoa, white; accs: stickles, prismacolor markers, prisma watercolor pencils, scallop punch

I am having a workshop for the teachers at my daughter's elementary next week. Thought the challenge was perfect for them to make a small card. I wanted striking colors so i went with Red/Black and white, which ironically now that i think about it is our school colors!! lol (more black and white with a little bit of red are our colors so this is pretty close! too funny)

Faux stitching around the edge with white gel pen. Notched corner punch used and ribbon too. Small thanks comes from Amazing to Zany set.

stamp set: Friendship Blooms, Amazing to Zany; ink: black, real red; paper: real red, white, black; accs: ribbon, white gel pen, notched corner punch

0 comments: