Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blizzard of '08

So we have been stuck inside today because of this "blizzard". Our county is under a level 3 emergency which means roads are closed to travel for non-emergency personnel. My brother called earlier saying he was watching the cops pull over people! lol Such excitement in a little town!

I did venture outside to take some pictures. I wasn't brave enough to go off the porch as I didn't want the snow to go inside my boots. lol I know, call me a baby!! Enjoy our "blizzard":
Anyone want to play in the boat sandbox or go down the slide?

I just love how snow forms on the bushes.

Alright, remember my picture a few days ago with ice hanging off of the mailbox? Here is the same mailbox now covered in snow!! This really gives you sense of how deep it is by the road.

I don't think our car is going anywhere soon. Thank goodness the truck is parked in front of it!! Still with the truck in front, a lot of snow still drifted back. Can you imagine what it would look like if the truck wasn't in front?

I caught someone out!! lol That is still snow coming down.

This is my neighbor's house. Amazing how the snow has drifted off of the roof.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome Pictures, Amber!! I love these!! Now...that last one has me amazed! LOL!! hugs! Ash~

Anonymous said...

And once again.....
So Cal is where you should be!! LOL
starla

Unknown said...

WOW!! I'm so glad we're just getting rain with this storm. I sure hope you have a snowblower or some really nice neighbors with one. ;)

Katherine (beadfreak22) said...

Thank you so much for sharing your snow with us! I hope you are staying warm, Amber!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

You sooooooo wanted snow! Happy now?