Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ride 'em Cowboy!

Guest host, Shelly, posted the Sketch Challenge early tonight. So early infact that I was able to get it done and uploaded to SCS!! woo hoo (k, so the main reason I was able to get it done was that little one took a very late nap and only woke up around 9:30pm still having to eat dinner. Needless to say she is slowly passing out under my chair as I am typing)

I already had a stamp set, Bronc Buster, out as I was going to start playing with it for a workshop this coming weekend. When I saw the sketch, I was bound and determined to get the set to work! Using Starla's card as inspiration, I went to work.

I stamped the cowboy in black stazon and then embossed him on Glossy paper in black embossing powder. Using the 1 1/4 circle punch, I punched a circle out of post-it note and stuck my "moon" where I wanted it. Using Brocade Blue, Buckaroo Blue and Not Quite Navy, I "sponged" them on using daubers and in that order and keeping the darker colors more to the outsides. When I was all done, I went back over it with Brocade Blue just to blend the colors all together. I sponged on some Chocolate Chip ink just to the edges.

The horseshoe emblem is also embossed in black with some Close To Cocoa dtp around the edges. I just got SU's Sanded background and I gotta say, i love it!! I used Sanded on both the main panel, Close to Cocoa, and also on the Not Quite Navy cardstock. On the main card panel, I also did some DTP with the Close To Cocoa. I aslo did this to the Not Quite Navy piece.

Check out the corners! Wonder where in the catalog those are?? Well they won't be available until March as they both will be in the Mini Occasions catalog! Ribbon slider hodgepodge and Chocolate Chip PollyTwill!! At a recent upline meeting, they saying how the sliders would look great with this set but no one had tried it. So guess who decided to try it?! Loving the look!!


stamp set: Brunc Buster, Sanded; ink: black stazon, brocade blue,
buckaroo blue, not quite navy, chocolate chip, close to cocoa;
paper: close to cocoa, not quite navy, black, glossy; accs: daubers,
pollytwill, hodgepodge ribbon sliders, black embossing powder,
1 1/4 circle punch mask

0 comments: