Saturday, February 16, 2008

Elmo is in the house!

Well actually he is in the refrigerator!! I finished Jorden's cupcake cake for her birthday tomorrow! What you saw earlier was the Buttercream transfer that was to go on top of her cupcakes. Now here is the completed cupcake cake:

This cupcake cake is made up of 20 Funfetti cupcakes. Doesn't Elmo look so much better turned over? He even made a necklace for Jorden! So how did I get the picture of Elmo? I took one of my kid's coloring book and found a picture that I liked, scanned it in and made sure I reversed it before printing it out. Then it is just a matter of tracing and filling with colored icing. The transfer can be done a few days ahead but I didn't have the time so I did the entire cake today within 3/4 hrs. For pictures and directions on how to do a buttercream transfer, see I'm Not A Turkey cupcake cake, the link is in my description.

I'm sure you are wonder what I mean when I say cupcake cake as you have seen my giant cupcake. Well, here is a sideview of the cupcake cake:Cupcakes all beside each other with icing on top, hence a cupcake cake!

Tomorrow I shall have pictures up of the birthday girl with her cupcake cake! Now wipe the drool off your screen and go make your own cupcakes! :)

5 comments:

StampOwl said...

glad you showed the side view ... cause I was sure wondering! Happy birthday Jorden!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!! (cute cake too!!)
starla

carole (TruCarMa) said...

I guess my invitation to the party got lost in the mail...

Hey, if you're interested, I stamped a fun little Elmo & friends card a while back. Here's the link:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/524736?cat=500&ppuser=94858. Check it out when all the birthday to-do is done. Have a great time!

Amanda said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for the PM! This is totally adorable and Jorden will LOVE it! Seriously you are skilled! I love the cupcake cake idea too! Thanks for guiding me here to see Elmo :) We just got back from Disneyland last night so I have to get to bed but talk to you sometime soon!

Anonymous said...

The link isn't valid anymore. Can you post directions to me at soulcare@optusnet.com.au. Love you site have sent link to my friend too.