Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Retirement card & Birthday cake

Today's sketch on Splitcoaststampers gave me the perfect layout to make a retirement card. As I have said in previous posts, the principal, Mr.Eagle, at the elementary is retiring after 25 yrs so I made a card today to go with his gift.

I used the oval coluzzle to cut around the eagle that is stamped in black stazon. River Rock and Going Gray are sponged around him. Canvas is stamped on Going Gray and River Rock.

stamp: SU Wildlife Reserve, SU Words of Wisdom; Ink: black stazon, river rock, going gray; paper:River Rock, Going Gray, Basic Black, Vanilla; accs: brads, coluzzle, sponge

It's my birthday and I want cake! So to get good cake (or at least cake that i like ;) ), I have to make it myself!! Rememeber the post where I showed you the neat cupcake pan?? Well here is my cake:



Check out those sprinkles.... PIGS!!

I'm having a cupcake tonight.. not sure what the rest of the family is going to have! lol A friend told me that I can always say "I only ate one cupcake!" whenever I make this and eat it all by myself!! I see lots of possiblities in icing the cupcake.. I just have to perfect them! Tomorrow I will have another cupcake to show that is decorated just a little differently.

8 comments:

Lisa C. said...

love the card and adore the cupcake! You did a super job decorating it and man is that puppy HUGE or what??

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!

Yummy, yummy, yummy cupcake! Yum, yum, gimme some!

Beautifully decorated cupcake and ya gotta love the pink pigs!

Thanks for sharing (if only in my mind!)

Anonymous said...

OH MYLANTA!!! That is LIP-SMACKIN' AWESOME!!! I'm gettin' a good, albeit envious, chuckle, Amber! Enjoy your birthday evening!

Debby Winters said...

What a great card...and that CAKE! wow...my mouth is watering! Love it!

Janine T said...

What a great card! I have the set and always in need of new ideas for it! By the way, Happy belated birthday! My DH turned 50 on January 29th! We celebrated by staying at a B&B in Vermilion, Ohio (on Lake Erie) and going to a Fondue party at the Laurel Run Cooking School. What a blast!!
Have a great day Amber!!

Janine

Karen said...

I love the cupcakes Amber, but we need something else in the photo so we can tell how big it is.

Anonymous said...

love your cupcake! i have that pan too, it's so much fun! i always say i'll bring a cupcake to the party! little do they know...

Anonymous said...

This just makes me want to run my finger ALLLLLLL the way around that pretty frosting!! YUUMMM!! I love to decorate cakes too!!

Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm a january birthday, too!! heheh