Monday, January 7, 2008

MFT Sneak peeks!!

Today is the day I can finally start to show you what I have been working on for My Favorite Things.

Stamp set is Be Mine, it contains box of candy, poem, 2 sayings and 4 conversation hearts, I only used two of the hearts on the following card. Embossed hearts with clear embossing powder. Colored in the box of candy with prismacolor markers, layered on chocolate chip and Cranberry crisp, distressed the edge with vintage photo distress ink. Attached vellum with vellum tape and heart eyelet. Added ribbon.
Stamp set: Be Mine; Ink: Distress Ink Worn Lipstick, Distress embossing ink, black stazon; Paper: Vellum, Chocolate Chip, Cranberry Crisp, Shimmer; Accs: Prismacolor markers, ribbon, heart eyelet, clear embossing powder, vellum tape

I found this photo frame in the reduced rack at Joanns for 50 cents! The digital designer paper is from My Favorite Things. It is called Kiss Collection and as you can tell, I used the black and white series. I have never used digital designer paper before and let me tell you... It was fun!! Can't wait to use some more of it. k, back to the picture frame! I stamped 3 of the conversation hearts with Distress ink Worn Lipstick. I covered them in crystal effects to give them more of a 3-d look. The top two are on dimensions. The picture is of my little one (who will be 2 next month!!) when she was teeny tiny.
Stamp set: Be Mine; Ink: Distress Ink Worn Lipstick; Paper: Black & White Kiss collection from MFT; Accs: Ribbon, crystal effects


Last but not least the challenge card!! I used the MFT sketch for my layout and went with some older try a new Technique. I picked masking and shabby chic as my techniques. I masked the pig so that I could add the grass (from It's a Jungle Out There) and the clouds. I distressed all layers of cardstock with either the distresser tool or Ink. Pig was colored with prismacolor markers.

This Valentine is for my hubby as I am a big pig lover, raised them for 4-H, collect all kind of pig items from knick knacks to clothing to dishes to you name it, I could have it! He even promised me a REAL pot belly pig whenever we own our own home! (we rent, no pets allowed) Since this is for him, I am going to write on the inside "That means, "Honey, I love you" in Pig". And yes there is pigs on the ribbon! Isn't that cute. Someone saw it, thought of me and sent me some.


Stamp set: Punny Farm, It's a Jungle Out There; Ink: Su Garden Green, Black Stazon, Bashful Blue; Paper: white, Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Misc Design paper; Accs: Prismacolor Markers, cloud stencil, ribbon, brads




I'm still working on something else as there is still one more set I have yet to show you. But as I am waiting for something to come in the mail (hopefully today), you will have to wait! So until then, go check out the Design teams creations to see what else has been made with the sets.

My Favorite Things will be hosting a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday night (January 9th) from 9-11 pm EASTERN time. There will be sneak peeks, lots of fun and a chance to become MFT’s next Guest Designer. Don't forget to check out the MFT thread on Splitcoaststampers for more details.

3 comments:

StampOwl said...

Great cards Amber ... love how you put the vellum over the chocolate on the top card.

Kim said...

Adorable Amber! That frame idea is SO clever and cute! Great gift idea for sure!

Carolyn King said...

Amber....great job...Love love love that first card with the overlay! Awesome job girl!