Thursday, January 10, 2008

Could I have used any more Faux Suede??

Today's Way to Use It was to use Leather. Well I don't have any leather I could cut up so I opted for the faux way. I went with Faux Suede. I actually did two different kinds of faux suede!


I wanted to see if there was any other ways to do faux suede than what I knew. (Breaking the bonds in the paper by sliding it over the table top or scraping the bone folder over and over the cardstock.) Well I found directions at diy network on faux suede using Liquid applique. So I decided to try that way for a background and also do a tutorial on it as diy only gave directions.

But first the card. I used the Punny Farm set from My Favorite Things that was just released last night. I wanted the animals heads to be 3-d, so I stamped them twice, cut out their heads and used dimensions. I cut slits in the green to make it look like grass and placed the animals (on dimensions) behind the grass. Flower brads hold the grass and pocket down. Instead of flowers that the cow should be holding, I stuck the present in his mouth. The sheep is holding balloons and the pig has a cupcake. Used prismacolor markers for coloring.

The hats and present came from Let's go for a walk, Balloons from Icing on the cake and the cupcake is from Dinomite. All by My Favorite things. The inside of the pocket is dp from Far East Mat stack. I distressed it with vintage photo distress ink to dirty it up.

stamps: Punny Farm, Dino-Mite, Let's Go For a walk, Icing on the cake; paper: kraft, green, dp; ink: black distress; accs: prismacolor markers, dimensionals, brads. eyelets, ribbon, liquid applique

0 comments: