Sunday, January 27, 2008

6 cards in one day!!

Well... really that's not completely true... only 3 cards made today were mine. The other three belong to my 2 daughters! But all in all, we made 6 cards today!

Today's featured stamper was StampingPam. I found at least 3 cards in her gallery that I wanted to case. The first one being this card as I needed a birthday card.

I went with all purples as that is the birthday girl's favorite color. I also wanted to try the SU rub-ons for SAB. So this card had NO STAMPING on it!! How cool is that?!! I had to sponge the design paper as I didn't have any in purple. There is even a row of rub-on dots on the ribbon!! I'm a loving these rub-ons!

paper: elegant eggplant, lavendar lace, orchid oplenece: acc: rub-ons, brad, photo corner punch, ribbon, corner punch for scallops, hodgepodge

Next I made a simple card using Happy Occasions from My Favorite Things. I stamped on the dp with certainly celery ink. Cut out one tie and mounted it with a glue dot and stamped Father's Day in the Word window punch.

stamps: Happy Occasions by My Favorite Things; paper: white, dp; ink: certainly celery; Accs: scallop punchs, word window punch
Last card for tonight is a special card. Someone left a comment on one of my cards on Splitcoaststampers a few days ago and in her signature line was her blog addy. Her name wasn't familiar to me so I went to her blog. On her blog I found a request for a RAK for a doctor friend of hers that has last stage bone cancer. So this card is for Dr.Chris. If you would like to send him a RAK (his daughter is getting marriend this June!), please visit Mary's blog to find out more information on him and to get his address.

I turned Pam's card into a masculine card by changing the colors to browns, adding some distressing and some hemp twine. Flannel Plaid is stamped on the background in Close To Cocoa. Saying is from Verses Rubber Stamps and distressed with distress inks.

stamps: What Cancer Cannot Do - Versers Rubber Stamps, Flannel Plaid; paper: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, vanilla, black; ink: distress inks, close to cocoa; accs: hemp twine, brads, photo corner punch, notched punch

I will upload the cards my girls made in a seperate post.

2 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Beautiful cards! Isn't it great when you can take time to stamp with your girls? I did with my daughter this weekend. It's just too precious!

Kim Mraz said...

oooooh grrrrreat cards!! I love their soft colors :)