Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Male Teacher gift

No challenge card for me today as i have been working on Teacher gifts for Christmas. DD#2 has a male teacher this year. Infact we had him for DD#1 when he was a student teacher so it has been fun having him as a 'real' teacher. Since we had him a few years ago, he got some stamped goodies from us then as his student teaching ended right at Christmas break (he planned that good as he walked away with lots of Christmas goodies). So this year I had to come up with something else for him and hope that I wasn't duplicating what we had given him a few years ago.

I went with a name frame (that I usually do at the end of the year cause I always forget at Christmas time!) for him. He loves fishing and Nascar but I don't have any racing stamps so I went with Fish. And where else to get goofy fish that would be perfect for a third grade male teacher name frame?? Rubbernecker!!

I stamped the seaweed on watercolor paper a few times and using distress reinkers, watercolored in the whole scene and then cut it out completely. I even put stickles on the rocks. When I placed it in the frame, I put dimensionals all on it as I wanted it to be sticking out some to give depth.

Each fish was also stamped on watercolor paper and watercolored with distress reinkers. I had to throw in the pink fish as my daughter loves pink and by now, everyone in the class knows it too! lol The pink fish even has Cotton Candy stickles on for that little bling that every girl should wear. I added google eyes to the big fish up at the top and put him on 3 dimensions so he is really sticking out. He is after that poor little worm, whom has crystal effects on him to make him look waxy. I wanted the hook to look like it was actually going through the letter so I cut slits in the paper and pushed the hook through! I then added a thin layer of Crystal effects to the hook and line.





Stamps: Fish/seaweed - Rubbernecker, SU Headlines, Misc Alphabet; Paper: Brocade blue, white, watercolor; Ink: Black stazon, Distress reinkers; Acces: cyrstal effects, stickles, google eyes, dimensions

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still say CUTE!!!
Starla

Lisa C. said...

THUD! Flat out the detail you put into this is amazing. I looked at every detail. Love the little clam down there and the hook through the letter.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the inspirations! You have helped me to design a piece I have been stuck on. I have been wanting to make a large baby name sign. (The baby is now 1!! ShAME ON ME!). But this has given me tons of ideas to finish it up! THANKS!

Jane said...

Very cute! How did it work with the googly eyes and the glass on the frame? I'm always afraid of adding dimension like that. Afraid that it won't fit back into the frame if I do. But I love the way it looks!

Jane