Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sympathy card

Sympathy cards are the hardest to make. On Thanksgiving day, a mother and a father were 5 mins behind their only daughter's car. We still don't know all the details but the daughter crashed and was killed instantly. She was only 23/24 yrs old. The family goes way back with my family as the kids (there is still a son) were in the same grades as my brothers and the mom is a teacher. In fact she is my daughter's teacher.



I used Sunday's Featured Stamper, TexasGrammy, card Sympathy in Blush to case and make my own sympathy card.



We have to change a few things from the original but still keep the layout the same if possible. I changed the colors, ribbon, saying and used mini scallop scissors on the layers.

I hope my card brings the family a little comfort in this time of grief.

All materials used are Stampin' UP! unless noted otherwise.
Stamp sets: As Close To A Memory, Floral background; Cardstock: Night of Navy, So saffron, Very Vanilla; Ink: Night of Navy; Acces: So Saffron & Mellow Moss markers, ribbon, Kraft Edgers mini scallop scissors

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss ... this is a truly beautiful card ... I love all of the details.