Thursday, September 18, 2014

H.U.G.

HUGajh

Time for another challenge with the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. This week our challenge hostess for the month Lois Bak has another fun challenge for us.

This week Lois has given us a Wordplay Challenge. In honor of “Hug a Greeting Card Writer Day,” include on your card something that starts with each of the following letters – H U G.

My H.U.G. is hiding, ugh and green, read on to see how that all fits into my card.

I decided to use Gnome What? that was just released from North Coast Creations.  Pulled out my prismacolored pencils and went to coloring. The plan was to color the mushrooms and cut them out completely which I did. But I needed an “U” so how about Ultra thick embossing and do some cracked glass? Sure! Well, I embossed it, stuck it in the freezer and worked on the gnome.

The gnome is also colored with prismacolored pencils. Added some clouds behind him and went and got the mushrooms. When I started cracking them, pieces of the UTEE actually started falling off!! Great now what am I gonna do? I ended up peeling most of it off so hence my UGH!

Mushrooms are popped up with dimensions so the gnome can hide behind them.

HUGajh

See, you can see the ultra thick embossing on the thin pieces that I just couldn’t get off! ugh


Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog  to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


                       Amber

5 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Oh, Amber, you are so funny!! I took a very close look, and could see the UGH! part!! Clever idea with the gnome hiding!

Liz Williams said...

Cute card and very unique. The mushrooms have been going crazy in my yard the past few weeks.

Sabrina said...

I had to go looking for the gnome - I was so busy admiring those amazing toadstools and how you had coloured them. I'm glad I've never had that particular problem with UTEE!

Joanne (jojot) said...

we all have those 'UGH' moments.....at least it provided a 'U' for your wordplay

Lynn McAuley said...

Love your delicate colors on this sensational image, Amber! Beautiful work!