Thursday, August 21, 2014

1st day of school

postitnoteholderschool

What is that noise? Don’t you hear it? What, you don’t? Wait, neither do I as it is so quiet this morning. Wait, it must be the first day of school!! No kids around, just me and the dogs!

So it is time for another CCEE Stampers challenge. What does that have to do with first day of school you say? Well my challenge is to make a card or item that could be given to the teacher on the first day of school or open house night.

I used this cute little owl stamp from Art Impressions, pulled out my school papers and some cute school brads from Eyelet Outlet and made my daughter’s 3rd grade teacher a Post it Note holder. Also used some school rub ons for the apple, saying and chalk. The chalk board I did with a white gel pen. Ironically they are no longer teaching cursive in our school but I couldn’t resist putting it on the chalkboard. Also added a loop and a pen at the bottom.

postitnoteholderschool

 

And here is my 3rd grader all ready and waiting on the bus. She was so excited for school to start because she finally gets to get on the bus all by herself as brother has moved up to middle school. (which I completely forgot to get a picture of this morning as a. it was way too early, b. bus was running late and c. he was a nervous wreck, not sure he would have liked me trying to get his picture so I shall get it when he gets home!)

1stday

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

And feel free to play along with us. We’d love to have you.

 

         Thanks for stopping by!


                       Amber

1 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

love the bright bold colors....the layout and the sweet owl....perfect for a teacher.....and yep, your daughter looks very excited....