Thursday, January 30, 2014

Snow Rollers, deer and it’s my birthday

deer4copy

I know, a weird title so hang on! Today marks my last birthday ever. Isn’t that what everyone says when they turn 39? No more birthdays because they don’t want to turn 40? Well I say “Bring it on!” I am all ready for it. Don’t even feel like I am going to be 40 next year. Age is just a number, right?

So with it being my birthday, I thought I would share a few of my favorite photos I have taken the last week of one of my favorite things…. SNOW!!  We have some freezing temps lately and of course some snow. I took a drive last week after dropping off the twins at preschool and captured these shots.

deer2

deer4copy

How many deer can you see?
deer5

deer6copy

And then this past Monday we woke up to these Snow Rollers in various fields and yards. Again I had to take a drive to fine some and take some pictures.

”A snow roller is a rare meteorological phenomenon in which large snowballs are formed naturally as chunks of snow are blown along the ground by wind.”

moresnowrollerscopy

snowroller2copy


snowrollers1copy


The following conditions are needed for snow rollers to form:

  • The ground must be covered by a layer of ice to which snow will not stick.
  • The layer of ice must be covered by wet, loose snow with a temperature near the melting point of ice.
  • The wind must be strong enough to move the snow rollers, but not strong enough to blow them apart.



One Tuesday, it was so cold that this formed on our deck door.
deckdoor2copy

deckdoorcopy

And of course I have to add one of my little Cardinal that comes every winter.

cardinalJan9copy


So there you have it. My birthday present to you. Hope you enjoyed all the snowy scenes as much as I have. Hoping we get some big snow amounts next week so I can post more pictures! Stay warm everyone!


          Thanks for stopping by!


                         Amber

0 comments: