Thursday, December 5, 2013

Looking Back at NCC November Release

doggietreats1

Today we are taking a look back at North Coast Creations November Release!

For more inspiration using the November Release, be sure to visit the North Coast Creations Blog

So what happens when your dogs have no food? You decide to make doggie treats in the shape of snowmen, stockings, trees, stars and bones of course. Then you decide to make a container for the doggie treats. And hey, while I’m at it, I might as well make it fit for one of my design teams!

I used Santa Paws for my project. Colored it with copics and cut it out completely. Cuttlebugg’d the French Fry container with an ornament folder. Added a silver bow and attached the oval/dog with pop dots.

doggietreats1

Taking a picture was challenging as I used my end table in front of my Christmas tree which is of course dog level! Just look at that face, how could you refuse those puppy eyes?

doggietreatskeepercopy

So I wasn’t sure if my above idea would work out how it so I had a plan B. Still using Santa Paws, I masked the branch to add some more greenery to it. Colored it and the dog with copics and cut them both out completely. This time I attached them to a see through box. Both ideas worked out perfectly and my dogs love the treats.

doggytreats

You can find the rest of the design team’s projects just by following their links:
Julie * Dawn * Lori * Sandee * Amber * Lisa



And for your doggie’s pleasure:

Pumpkin Dog Biscuits

2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons dry milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 1/2 cups brown rice flour * (I used unbleached flour instead)
1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth. Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional). Add brown rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.

Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, ask first – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go. Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary. If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.

* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion.



          Thanks for stopping by!


                    Amber

5 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute way to embellish the dog treat boxes! Love the added photo of your dog! Thanks for the recipe!

Kelley said...

They were delicious...I tasted them! And Murph LOVED them. He thanks you so much! Awesome projects!!

Dawn said...

too cute! and Murphy LOVED them too!

Unknown said...

Love it! Such a cute idea for a gift. You should definitely check out www.tiddlyinks.com! They have a great selection of printable stamps for any occasion.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a wonderful project, Amber! Makes me want a puppy, lol. Thanks for the recipe... I think my parrots will love this recipe, too!