Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time for the beach

AmbersBeachajhcopy

I was asked to join a fun little group called CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Every Thursday a new challenge is posted  and being a brand new month we have a new challenge hostess which is Sabrina Friel for the month of July.

Sabrina has challenged us to Let’s go to the beach.Sabrina grew up by the seaside and spent most summer days there – when it wasn’t raining. Bring your Independence Day picnic along if you want, just keep the sand out of the sandwiches.

I used Sunset at the Seashore from JFF for my card. Masked the water so I could stipple in the sunset. Added some white gel pen for the clouds. The water is also stippled in with some white gel pen for accents. For my “beach”, I used Kokomo Mudd Puddles sand. Only thing my card is missing is my feet in that sand!

AmbersBeachajhcopy

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week.


       Thanks for stopping by!

                Amber

6 comments:

Lois said...

Welcome to the team, Amber! Great design on your card -- I love the "frame" around your sea and the Mudd Puddles at the bottom.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your beach scene, Amber. Wonderful sky and water, and I can almost feel that sand. What a restful card this is......TFS, and welcome to the team.

Kathy Bradley said...

Amber,
Very pretty and serene card!!
And, welcome to the team!

Sabrina said...

Welcome on board, Amber!
I was sure that was going to be Mudd Puddles - I'm always admiring it on Dawn's cards ;-). Your framing is fabulous - the diagonals really draw the eye into the scene as well as mirroring the sunset colours perfectly.

Vicky Gould said...

Welcome to the group, Amber. What a beauty you've created for your first challenge. I love the colors and your use of them.

Joanne (jojot) said...

Welcome aboard the CCEE express, Amber.....and you began with a winner. Love the layout and colors you used to frame your image...fabbo