Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Spring…. I think

Marchunusualfoldajhcopy

We had another snow storm come through yesterday! Of course I am loving it but there are quite a few peeps out there that can’t stand my enthusiasm for snow at the end of March. But that didn’t stop me from going out and taking pictures yesterday morning! Which I will share with you, right after I share a card I made for the Craft-Dee BowZ blog.

The ironic part is the card is about Spring! lol Our theme this month over at Craft-Dee BowZ was Unusual Folds. Now I had seen a few cards on Pinterest that piped my curiosity and after doing some searching, I found some directions on SplitCoastStampers and from my good friend, Frances Byrne.

Marchunusualfoldajhcopy

I used retired SU double sided pattern paper, some different size flowers and the sentiment “Happy Spring” from Happy Spring Polly by Paper Pretties. And since the card was for the Craft-Dee BowZ blog, I had to have a bow on it! I used the second to smallest holes to make my double loop bow.

A close up of the bow for your viewing pleasure.
Marchbowcopy

View from the top of the card.
Marchtopcopy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now for some Spring Wonderland pictures.

This one I’m calling “March Madness anyone?”MarchMadness

redfence

We have a pair of Cardinals that have been visiting us lately. I’ve been dying to get some good shots of them with the snow and today they posed so well for me. These were all taken from inside my house looking out through my glass door.

Here he is checking out the breakfast course and grabbing a few for himself.
cardinal2

He then went and got his lady friend so that she may have some breakfast too.bothcardinals

He then flew up into the tree to give me the shot I have been wanting all winter long. “Thank you, Mr. Cardinal!”
Cardinal

And then of course I had to play and make the above photo black ‘n white and just bring back color in the cardinal!
bnwcolorajh

Well I hope you have enjoyed my mix of Spring and Winter all in the same day!

           Thanks for stopping by!


                        Amber

3 comments:

Donna Maligno said...

LOL! if you expect me to say I love snow -- think again! I do love the pics tho of the birds. Gorgeous! But on to the lovely cascading card -- how beautiful is that? it's simple but elegant and really catches the eye. Gotta love the added touch of that bow - it's really lovely!

Danni said...

Love your card! Gorgeous!!

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is so pretty. Cascading cards are fun to make. Your crocheted flowers are a pretty accent. Pretty bow and a perfect color with you papers.