Saturday, October 13, 2012

Scary treats anyone

halloweentreatajh

So this week over at The Lounge the challenge is to make a Spooky & Sweet treat.

OCL138-blog-pic

Not a problem when you have a baby shower cake order and happen to have made cupcakes with the extra batter!

Of course it drove the family crazy that they had to wait a whole day before they got to eat the cupcakes since I had to make the baby cake first and then get the décor ready for the cupcakes!  Here is the baby shower cake… pink and purple polka dotted cake!babyshower10-12

I used Mummy X-ing and Little Boogas on my project. Made my own cupcake wrappers out of black cardstock, colored the images with copics, cut them out completely, added stickles to the pumpkin faces and attached the Happy Halloween with pop up glue dots. The Little Boogas were cut out and attached to sucker sticks. (my icing is really a deep purple but purple is so hard to get true in pictures!)

halloweentreatajh


Play along with us this week and be entered to WIN a $20 gift certificate from  Our Craft Lounge. You have until 11:59pm Thursday, October 18th to enter.   Participate as many times as you like!   Here are the rules: use any stamps that you wish – get BONUS POINTS when you use OCL stamps!  Link to your card/project at The Lounge.  Use the challenge as your basis – do whatever inspires you, but please base it on the challenge. If you upload to SCS, please use the Keyword OCL138.  We can’t wait to see what you CREATE!

Wanted to show another idea for a treat but these aren’t scare (well unless you are allergic to bees!). Last weekend was our Oktoberfest and a friend ordered cookies to be made with honey (that they sell) to be sold at their booth. She lent me the cookie cutters and I went to work with my magic. This is what I came up with. Made the tag using Bees Knees.

octoberfestcookies



         Thanks for stopping by!


                   Amber

3 comments:

AShu93 said...

Those are awesome Amber! I lost my motivation & laid in bed all day catching up on General Hospital...no treats for the picnic :(

AShu93 said...

Those are awesome Amber! I lost my motivation & laid in bed all day catching up on General Hospital...no treats for the picnic :(

Melissa said...

Oh my yummy! Everything looks so good! I really love the honey cookie. Did you know that Melissa means "honeybee"?