Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cake, explosion and more cake!

nakedmm

As you remember, Friday was my littlest one’s 6th birthday. Fast forward to Monday and it was hubby’s birthday so guess what? Yup, I had to make another cake!

I had an idea that I was going to try so I made the cake. (Note: I am doing this all on Monday!) Smelled great, looked great, just need cake to cool some before I turned it out. 10 minutes go by and it’s time to turn out the cake. Oops! I forgot to cover my board so run to the pantry to get some foil when I hear this loud CRASH and turn around to see this:

bustedcake

My Pyrex dish had exploded into millions of pieces! (note: there is a pot holder under the other side, you just can’t see it so it was not sitting right on the counter!) Glass was all over the counter and on either side of the floor! Thankfully no one was standing right there when this happened!

Well that cake is wasted since there was little shards of glass on top of it and on the bottom. Great! Now on to plan B. Wait! What is plan B? Runs to internet to get more ideas.

Finally settled on one and made another cake in a whole different direction!  And this is what we ended up with:

 

nakedmm
                                Naked M&M cake! *wiggle, wiggle, wiggle*



           Thanks for stopping by!


                          Amber

0 comments: