Monday, January 9, 2012

Blog hop, stamp release and another sneak


twonutsajh

It’s time for a Paper and Such stamp release! So hop along with us to see what the Paper and Such design team has to show and to meet the new girls that are joining the team!

If you arrived here out of thin air, turn around and head to the Paper and Such Blog for the beginning of the hop. If you came from Kim O’Connell, then you are in the right spot and may continue to look at my cards!

My first cards I have to show you are ones I made for my son’s 3rd grade teacher as a gift using Wild Rose. What I love about this set is I just stamped the outline, stamped the solid flowers with distress inks and watercolor in the leaves with distress inks! Wording is computer generated.

traylorscardsetajhcopy


For the second card I wanted to go with just the two nuts from Tree Graffiti. I cut the sentiment apart as I wanted it to go long ways. Colored the nuts with copics.

twonutsajh

Of course I saved the best for last. I wasn’t planning on doing what I did below. Already had this great idea in my head when oldest asked if I would make cupcakes for her to take in to school for a birthday. She said the birthday girl liked strawberry so I made cupcakes with a piece of strawberry in the middle and then plain buttercream icing that I colored pink.

They also worked perfectly for the last set called Bitty Love! So I had to make cupcake toppers! Colored the images with copics and layered them on matching cardstock. All cut out with spellbinder oval/scallop. I attached them to straws with a little piece of cardstock in the back.

ValentineCupcakescopy

Of course oldest about freaked when she saw them and said “you are  taking those off, right?” I guess high schoolers just aren’t into that kind of thing! But I know if I were to make these for my younger kids to take to school on Valentine’s Day… everyone would think their mom was the coolest!

These are also for the challenge (Valentines for Kids) over at Send A Smile 4 Kids.

And before you go.. another sneak at my room. Of course what you see in the picture now probably won’t all be there when I get done. I keep reorganizing where to put everything! But it is coming along nicely and is already a big difference than what I had before.

DSCF7158

Now hop on over to Pattie Goldman to see what she did with these sets.

Be sure to check out all of the Design Team blogs and leave as many comments as possible~

one random winner will win the entire release!

The more comments you leave - the greater your chances of winning!

Have fun hopping!

Paper and Such Design Blog
Julie Smith 
Janice Melton
Kim O'Connell

Amber Hillman  <----  You are Here!
Pattie Goldman
Kendra Sand
Meredith Winston
Stephanie Mino
Naomi Gong
Mindy Young
Paper and Such Design Blog



 


 


         Thanks for stopping by!



                       Amber

24 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Fabulous projects!

Luanne said...

Great cards and love those cupcake toppers.

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Kim O'Connell said...

Love those note cards and great idea with those cupcake toppers! Jealous of your neatly organized crafting space, too!

Julie said...

Great stuff - I want a cupcake!!

Stampin Cats said...

I love all your projects!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Beautiful creations Amber! LOVE!!! Those cupcakes are my favorite!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

MindyYoung said...

Very cute idea for the cupcakes! Too bad she wouldn't let you leave them on.

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful projects!! Love the set of notecards!! Great minds thing alike, I was creating cupcake toppers for another DT I am on! And also have been trying to organize my room more!

Stephanie said...

What fun projects and I would LOVE the cupcakes!

Jessica said...

I love your stamping, Amber, as always. I have every card you ever made for us, and am planning to make a collage someday of all the hand stamped cards that I have saved from friends.

Sue D said...

Lovely projects--I like how you colored the wild rose and the cupcake toppers are adorable.

stampingbowd said...

Oh wow!!! Wonderful projects!!! Those cupcake toppers are AMAZING!!! How fun and what a lot of work!!!!

Suzanne said...

Cute! Love the cupcake toppers.

inkstazonme said...

Wow! Great cards and I love the cupcake idea!

Lillian Child said...

How fun ... love the cupcake toppers. And I know what you mean about arranging and re-arranging your craft space. Loving the sneak peaks!

Janice M said...

What a fun idea to use the bitty love set as cupcake decorations!!

Romaine said...

So cute! Love using the set for the cupcake toppers and how great that in would not have to colour the roses! ;0)

Stephanie said...

Amber....What darling cards made with the new sets! I love the set for you son's teacher! And, too funny when you told us about your daughter hoping those cupcake toppers would be removed......Those darned teenagers! ;-) Great versatility with the sets! Loved everything!

Karen Hasheck said...

Great cupcakes- I am sure the kids will love them. We are a card only challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids, but thanks for sharing and come back soon.

Allie Cat's Creations said...

first I have to say, I LOVE your cupcakes!! They look so professional! Mine look nothing like that EVER!! LOL!! But the story about the high-schooler saying "take those off!" - too funny!! TFS!!

Lillian M said...

Cute Card !

Naomi said...

FABULOUS projects, Amber! LOVE those little flags on the cupcakes....the note card set is awesome, and your nutty card is beautiful!

Hugs,
Naomi

happyglitzygirl said...

Great toppers, fantastic idea, thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids, blessings Hilde

Lisa said...

Wonderful job, thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids