Friday, November 5, 2010

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas!

iwantahippajhcopy

One of my favorite songs during the Holidays. Love it so much that I have it set as my text ring tone so I can hear it all the time. hehe  You can find the song here and here is a little background on it:
I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas is a Christmas novelty song written by John Rox (1902–1957) and performed by Gayla Peevey (10 years old at the time) in 1953.

So when I was shown the digi image at Sweet ‘n Sassy… well, I just had to have it!!

I used copics to color the hippo and highlighted with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Made a faux black layer with a black marker. Used DCWV Latte matstock paper. The image is on dimensions.

Layout is from a very old SCS sketch challenge… like as in Sketch #10!! For F4A37 Waggin Tails and WT295 Green.

iwantahippajhcopy


           Thanks for stopping by!
                     Amber

0 comments: