Wednesday, September 15, 2010

MyGrafico Challenge #66 - Metal

WantedBen1copy

So this week we were challenged to use Metal over at MyGrafico. We were also asked to use (digital) Wild West Quotes by Tainted Sweets and were also given Western Bandana Digital Paper Pack by Cupcake Cuties to use if we could.

I had an idea but wasn’t exactly sure how I wanted to do it so I decided I’d try to do it completely DIGITAL! Now I’ve never done anything completely digital so I figured I had better Google my idea first. So what did I Google?  “How to make a Wanted Poster” and found this great site. It even included links to download the tileable wood texture (by ftourini isis on deviantArt) and Paper (by Andrew C.). In step by step details from the site and using Photoshop, I was able to create my poster. There were a few steps that I didn’t follow as I knew how to do them and I do them just a little differently. But I did learn how to “tear” and “burn” my paper.

Added WANTED from Wild West Quotes till it fit my paper. I completely cut out my son from a picture and positioned him on my page, making him appear “behind” the word WANTED. I then added “Little Buckaroo” also from the Wild West Quotes at the bottom of the poster.  For my metal, I made “nails” using the Crumble Metal Styles.

Look how great the Wild West Quotes work on a digital Poster: 

WANTED … “LITTLE BUCKAROO”

WantedBen1copy

I love how it turned out and that I didn’t need to ask my hubby for help at all (as he works with Photoshop all day long)!  Now this doesn’t mean I’m turning complete digital for scrapbooking etc but it’s nice to know that I can do it if I have the desire to one day. (which after this I just might have to start!)

So what about you? Have you ever tried making a digital layout or page? Do you have a favorite site that gives great step by step directions? Anything you’d be willing to share with a newbie digital scrapbooker?


             Thanks for stopping by!

                       Amber

11 comments:

Dawn said...

it turned out so cute!!! love the nails too *wink*

Tammylee said...

So very cute! I don't have little guys anymore!

Starla said...

This turned out GREAT!!

Unknown said...

adorable layout

Ladybuglair75 said...

Wow great job!

Trinh said...

Great idea, Amber! Love how the poster turned out.

Tazza said...

How cute! I want to make my own wanted posters for all my frineds & family! LOL... mmmm joke Christmas stocking stuffers maybe .. LOL..
anyway, Great idea! I love digital stuff and I am just learning too!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

great job! turned out great :>

DtsArt said...

oh this is such a cute wanted poster. You did a great job

Lynn's Place said...

Wow ...nice job... it looks so cool... TFS

Unknown said...

Cute Wanted poster.