Friday, January 15, 2010

Let it Snow with SMC challenge

PJSnowglobeajhcopy
Welcome to SMC (Sew Many Cards) Friday Challenge. The theme for this week is ANYTHING GOES IN THE NEW YEAR!! Please use a Sew Many Cards image for your project or card and use any techniques, colors, or theme!! Check out the NEW Sew Many Cards Challenge Blog where each challenge will be listed every Friday. Hope you can join in the fun as we have a sponsor this week :
http://stampsalive.blogspot.com with a fun prize: CUTTLEBUGS COMBO FOLDER...DAMASK....$15 value.

So for my Anything Goes… I went with a shaped card and paper piecing. I’m not big into shaped cards but with this image it was super easy! I also paper pieced PJ’s scarf and ice skates, which I learned an easy way from Mel Stampz. (THANK YOU!)
DSCF7142 I attached the paper pieces with Helmar ZapDots.

The rest of PJ, I colored with copics. Used a clear sparkle gel pen on the snowflakes and brushed Shimmerz over the entire globe.

PJSnowglobeajhcopy
Look how easy that was to make a shaped card? I just folded the paper in half and cut the globe out but stopped short at the top leaving about 1/2 inch still attached for the back flap. Now I realize that Copics bleed through so I attached another piece of white cardstock on to the back and cut it to shape of the globe and it completely covered up the copic bleeding.

Also Fridays will be the day you get a FREE image to play with (which will make it easy for you to use your free image in the new challenges)-Sew don't forget to check out Sew Many Challenges where you'll find Friday's Freebie image, don't forget to become a follower as you never know what they'll have in store for you. And while you are at it sign up for the newsletter HERE . Check back later on in the day to see what I have done with the ‘freebie’ image.

Supplies: PJ digital image, copics, misc design paper, white cardstock, Shimmerz, glitter gel pen, Helmar ZapDots, scissors



Thanks for stopping by!

Amber

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea, beautiful colouring.

~Jeri~ said...

Tooo cute Amber!!! I love the shaped cards and you done an awesome job with PJ in the snowglobe!!!

kim.mom said...

PJ looks ADORABLE!! You've motivated me to try a shaped card - I've not really done any either unless it is one I can cut on my cricut!

Mary said...

Very cute Amber!!

hugs
Mary