Thursday, August 20, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy feelings for Baby

Today's Ways to Use It 232 was to add "fuzz" to our project. I decided to make a baby card as I am attending a baby shower this weekend hadn't made a card for my gift yet.

I pulled out Flourishes "Rock A Bye Baby" as it is the only baby set I have. (think I need to buy some more baby sets!) I knew I wanted to use Flower Soft on the baby's blanket to make it look all fuzzy. I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits, cut out the entire image and then added the Flower Soft.

I remembered I had some fuzzy white paper that had been sent to me so I paper peiced the moon. The image is on dimensions. The design paper is from DCVW Nana's Nursery baby girl and I used Spellbinder's scalloped square to cut them out. The paper has glitter on it so I picked Shimmer White cardstock as my main card and as the piece behind the moon.

The sentiment is also stamped on Shimmer White and then punched out with SU's oval punch. I sponged pretty in pink ink on it. Layered it off the poka dotted green which is on dimensionals. I used the Bow Easy to make my bow.



I wanted a different color to put behind the card to make the colors pop more when I happened to look at the gift I had picked up for the baby and what do you know? It was almost the same colors! With the help of my 3yr old (holding up the dress), I used the outfit as the background setting. The card is actually sitting on the matching undies!

Supplies used: Flourishes - Rock a Bye Baby, pretty in pink, barely banana, shimmer white cardstock, fuzzy white cardstock, DCWV Nana's Nursery baby girl, Flower Soft, ribbon, oval punch, spellbinders, black ink, prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits

Photobucket

3 comments:

Latisha said...

so so so beautiful!!!
love it!
hugs
latisha

Susan (rainy) said...

Amber what a gorgeous and sweet baby card. Love the use of the flower soft.

Andrea Walford said...

Looks great! I love the scalloped border behind and how much it matches the gift!