Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Little Miracle

No, I am not talking about the little miracle that is always talked about at Christmas time but rather about baby Francesca Maria Bucci who was born with complications. Andrea over at Crafty Engineering is offer up blog candy for those that send a RAK to the family, please see her blog for more info on the baby and how you can send a RAK. As much as I would love to win the blog candy, the motive for making the card was not for that but for the family in hopes that it brings them a small amount of comfort.

This card combines a few challenges: Try New Technique 200 (faux silk with pop), color challenge 198 (so saffron, cameo coral & orchid opulence) and Sketch challenge 208. I used Flourishes Rock-a-bye Baby set for my image and JustRite Stamper's Brayton Font for the sentiment.

I did the faux silk with pop on the moon only. I stamped on tissue paper with black soot distress ink, let it dry, crinkled up the tissue paper and then cut it to exactly fit the moon that I had stamped on white cardstock. I used Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive to attach the tissue paper moon to the stamped image. The spray soaked through the tissue paper just a little so it made the ink look 'softer'. As I haven't tried the Vellum adhesive on anything but vellum, I wasn't sure of the results but really like how it didn't run the ink but 'soften' it a little. I paper pieced the rest of the image with Spring Flower dsp and orchid opulence cardstock for the blanket. I attached the paper/cardstock with Helmar Acid Free Glue as those pieces were just too small for double sided adhesive. The image is on dimensions ( I know.. completely forgot about using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots instead! It was midnight when I was making this card, think my brain was asleep!)

Used an artist pen to add all my Faux Stitching and some paper piercing in the corners of the main image panel. Black Rhinestones by Kaiserscrapbook were added to the corners of the cardfront. The sentiment was stamped on vellum paper and adhered to the cardstock with Helmar's V2 Vellum Adhesive. All cardstock/dsp was attached using Helmar Quick-fix Adhesive Runner.

stamp: Flourishes - rock-a-bye Baby, JustRite Stamper's Brayton Font; paper: cameo coral, so saffron, orchid opulence, white, spring flower dsp; ink: black soot distress; accs: black rhinestones, artist pen, helmar v2 vellum adhesive, helmar acid free glue, helmar quick-fix adhesive runner

5 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Wowza - way to combine some challenges! I love your use of this difficult color combo!

thescrapmaster said...

I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas and happy new year!

~Samantha

Andrea said...

Amber,

Thank you so much for spreading the word about my RAK request and for making such a cute card! I look forward to receiving it!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

The card is very cute. And you found a way to use orchid opulence! I do not know the last time I touched that color!

Tlbran said...

Great card! I am sure the family you made it for will appreciate it. Love the colors and how your moon turned out.