Saturday, December 6, 2008

Helmar adhesives and Warm Wishes

Look what came yesterday:
My Helmar adhesive box!! Look all the fun stuff I get to play with and share with you! If you see something in the picture that you would like me to focus on, please let me know.

For today's Inspiration challenge, I had to dig into the box and use Helmar Adhesives on my card! The adhesive that I have wanted to try the most is Helmar V2 Vellum Adhesive.

Yes! I said VELLUM Adhesive. I already had MFT's Scarf For Three embossed on Vellum Cardstock sitting on my table. Luckly the Inspiration had a snowman in it so the image was perfect to use. I sprayed on the V2 Vellum Adhesive onto the backside of the image (used markers and white gel pen to color it in) now to wait 5 minutes. The adhesive becomes "tacky" and clear. It is repositionable so if you don't lay it down straight (which i did not!) the first time, you can take it off and lay it down straight onto the Tempting Turquoise.

I then used the Permanent Adhesive Runner to attach the Turquoise to the Real Red. I wanted some dimension to the entire image so I used Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. This is a clear 3-Dimensional that you can control the dimension. It is touch dry within 10 minutes (fully dry in 48 hrs). Hard to get a good picture, it is the clear mounds in the top corners.

While it set up, I finished the rest of my card. Sentiment is stamped in distress black soot ink. Snowman charm is attached to the ribbon with gold cording. Snowflake Cuttlebug folder was used on the white cardstock.

stamp: MFT"s Scarf for Three; paper: white, real red, tempting turqouise, vellum cardstock; ink: versamark, distress black soot; accs: gold embossing powder, markers, white gel pen, charm, ribbon, cuttlebug, helmar V2 Vellum adhesive, helmar liquid scrap dots, helmar adhesive runner

Here are all the Helmar Products I used: Remove Cleaner, Liquid Scrap Dots, V2 Vellum Adhesive, Adhesive Runner - Permanent.
Wait! What's that Remove Cleaner doing in there? Well.. when I was all done with my card, I noticed sticky residue on my table. Now it may not have been from this card but on my table for some time (k, i just admitted I don't clean it off, huh?). But what a wonderful excuse to use Helmar Remove Cleaner! This Remove Cleaner cleans adhesive laden surfaces such as embroidery hoops, needles, frames, tabletops, quilting frames, stencils, screen printing pallets, etc! Not only did it take the sticking tape residue off my table but it smells like Oranges!! My area is not only clean but it smells good too!!!

10 comments:

Jennifer Schmidt said...

I'm liking all of this great adhesive info :) I was actually looking for a vellum adhesive today!

Unknown said...

I have never heard of Helmar! The remover looks very intruguing as I am always winding up with adhesive in strange places! Cute card!

Anonymous said...

An adorable card, I so love your vellum snowmen! So fun and festive!

fishlips said...

Ok Amber this stuff looks like it's all really neat, I loved how you explained how you used all the adhesives on your cards, vellum adhesive now that sounds like some great stuff too!!!!

Both your cards are just darling wow thanks bunches for sharing all this new stuff...

Rachel Brumley said...

Amber

I bet you are having fun playing with all your free stuff! I love you cards - the vellum snowmen are so cute!

The Mama Monkey said...

OH, that vellum adhesive looks wonderful!! What a great bunch of goodies you got! Have fun playing!!

gale said...

Very cute card. Congrats on all the freebies!

Tlbran said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing product information for us. I love vellium but hate how the adhesive always shows through. Great stuff. Your snowmen are adorable. Love the colors you used

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok that is all just way too cool!

Anonymous said...

I love the card, Amber! I have not worked with vellum in awhile, but will have to do so soon. I really like the softness of it.