Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shabby Chic Simply Said

Ashley's BrainWave challenge this week is a color challenge: Chocolate chip, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal and Pink Pirouette. Well I don't own Pink Pirouette yet so I used Pretty in Pink.

I went completely Stampin' UP! products with this card today. I used the set called Simply Said along with Scattered Sunshine wheel, Sanded and Canvas. I used Chocolate chip, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink for my color choice. And I distressed, distressed, distressed, distressed and distressed. Oh, did I mention I distressed? Not only distressed with ink but also with the SU distressing tool. I have flakes all over my floor!

I watercolored the main image with the inks and aquapainter, distressed the image with pretty in pink and chocolate chip ink. (I use a sponge to do that) For the main background, I inked up Sanded in Certainly Celery and dabbed on Chocolate chip before stamping. I then stamped Canvas in Pretty in pink on top of it but that is hard to see. I randomly stamped some of the outline flowers in Regal Rose.

My layout is actually today's Sketch (SC193) on SCS. There was an optional piece of a punched out accent in the bottom right hand corner which i decided to leave off.


stamp: Simply Said, Sanded, Canvas, Scattered Sunshine wheel; paper: chocolate chip, pretty in pink, certainly celery, vanilla; ink: black, chocolate chip, certainly celery, pretty in pink, regal rose; accs: distressing tool, sponge, ribbon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing this set out, Amber! Mine has gathered dust for longer than I care to admit! Love it in pinks!

~Bev

Becky Elfert said...

Absolutely beautiful! TFS

Anonymous said...

I think I will always Simply Said set. My demo gave it to me as a ty for having a party!!!

squirrellyshirley

Anonymous said...

Amber, I love this card! Pink and Brown has to be one of my favorite color combos.