Thursday, August 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye

to some stamps... not to the blogging world!! lol

Kim over at MFT is running out of room and has decided to retire some sets. The following sets are now on limited edition status and are going to be retired as they sell out. Until they sell out, you can enjoy a special discounted price, already listed on the site, for each of these sets. The discount is almost 30% off retail (and wholesale gets a discount too, just email Kim for deets).

Let's say goodbye to:
Baby First, Build a Bouquet, Bundles of Bouquets, Farm Friends, Hare for the Holidays, Hearts Galore, She's Having a Baby, My Favorite 48 pencil collection

Today's Ways to Use it was to pull out our pencils. I pulled out 3 different kinds of pencils! SU's Art Metallic pencils, SU's Pure color Pencils, Prismacolor Verithin pencils. I also pulled out my odorless minerals for blending. Using the MFTsketch (which has now been moved to being posted on Thursdays) for this week, I went to work.

I had gotten this card from Lacyquilter/Melody a while back and just loved the layout. Wanted to case it but had gotten rid of the stamp set that was used and just couldn't think of what set I had that would work. DUH!! Today when I pulled out Bundles of Bouquets, it hit me! DUH!! So I stamped the 3 little flowers four times and colored them in. A few of them are popped up and some have Gold stickles in the middle. The butterfly was stamped and then stamped again and popped up. I put Black Diamond stickles in the middle for the body. Hodgepodge and a cuttlebugged background take care of finishing off the card.

stamp: Bundles of Bouquets; paper: black, lavender lace, tempting turquoise, white; ink: black; accs: hodgepodge, SU's art metallic pencils, SU's pure color pencils, Prismacolor Verithin pencils, ribbon, cuttlebug, artist pen, odorless minerals

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just darling! Great colors, and I love the clean look! (Reminds me that I could probably do a little 'cleaning out' myself! Yikes!)

~Bev