Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Best Witchin' Friends

Lovin the sketch challenge (SC188) on SCS today. I happen to have an image already 'colored' so I went from there to make my card. Once again my card uses all the colors that will be retiring from SU so it then qualifies for yesterdays color challenge on SCS. :(

I used the Totally Witchin' set that is being released tonight at the MFT Cocktail Release Party. MFT sets are so much fun to paper piece that I decided to paper piece the entire image except for their arms and socks! I used SU's Afternoon Tea to give my 'witches' a totally different look.

See they really aren't witches at all but "Martha" and "Erma". "Martha" is the one with the broom as she is always cleaning and "Erma" has the hat because she likes to go outside and pull weeds once in a while.

Added cobwebs to the side pieces because as you know, cobwebs can be found inside and outside! A little faux stitching and some distressing of the sides with ink and my card is done. stamps: Totally Witchin' - MFT; paper; afternoon tea dp, groovy guava, soft sky, brown; ink: black; accs: white gel pen, blender pen, watercolor crayons



My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, August 6 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. This month there are FIVE new sets being released and some great new ribbon added to the store. *The Girl Who Wants It All special for the The Aug Collection, which is one of each set being released, is $65. Head over to the MFT forum on www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to find some socks like "Erma"...these witches are stylin'!!!

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE This!!! Is it ok to call your witch card "cute?" LOL!

Andrea said...

Oh wow, great card.
xAndrea