Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vintage Robe

Finally got a chance to do the Featured Stamper #73, Chelemom. I cased this card of chelemom's, but changed the images, colors and left off the wording. The layout was kept the same. I used the Bunny Slipper set soon to be released from MFT again but this time used the Robe that is in the set.

I love using MFT's sets for paper piecing. I used SU's Recollection paper that I'm still hoarding as I wanted a vintage feel to my card. I made the cuffs and collar on the robe be "suede" or faux suede as it is called. I used Cranberry Crisp (about the last of that stash too) and by rubbing a piece over the edge of my table over and over, I was able to peel the cardstock apart. The inside of the cardstock now looks like 'suede'. The bunny slippers were paper pieced on a piece of fuzzy paper that I got from a secret sister a while back.

The distresser tool jumped into my hand again and went crazy. (guess i'll have to vaccum again! What a mess it makes on the floor but such a lovely look to the card!) I also distressed the image with distress inks to give it more of a vintage feel.

stamp: Bunny Slippers - MFT; paper: SU dp Recollections, chocolate chip, cranberry crisp, vanilla, fuzzy white paper; ink: distress inks black, vintage photo, old paper; accs: brads, distresser tool, sponge

close up of robe and bunny slippers


My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is having a New Release Cocktail Party on Wednesday, July 2 from 9-11 p.m. Eastern time. July marks MFT's 2nd birthday, and Kim's 40th, so we'll be celebrating all over the place!
*$2.00 US shipping for orders under $40, and for Intl orders and US orders over $40, they'll receive the same $2.75 discount until July 15th.
*FIRST 50 orders will receive a full sized stickles glitter glue!
*The Girl Who Wants It All special for the July Collection is $49.95.
Head over to the MFT forum on
www.splitcoaststampers.com to find out all the details and to find out how YOU can be the next MFT Guest Designer. We hope to see you there on Wednesday night.

2 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I love this robe with the fuzzy slippers!! I also like the distresser, but you are right, it DOES make a mess!

Julia said...

Love the fuzzy slippers! Great choice on the paper piecing!