Monday, April 28, 2008

Still alive!

I'm still alive even though it may not seem like it as I haven't posted at all last week. For some reason I was busy every single day last week and had no time to update my blog. I am hoping this week will be a little slower and I'll be able to post more!

Here are a few projects I made during the week. The first two use Stampin' Up! set One of a Kind, Berry Bliss design paper and purely pomegranate ink!

This was for the Try New Technique challenge, opens to reveal a gift card. Directions can be found here at Pinefeather's blog. Watercolored the flower with inks.
Ways to use it challenge: scissors. I cut the flower out and cut the ribbons. Added some white gel pen accent to the flower. There are post-it notes in the middle of the 'booklet'. This was what I gave to my hostess at a recent workshop.

The color challenge was pretty in pink, certainly celery and chocolate chip. I used a new set from Treehouse called "Hoppy for You". Cuttlebugged the background and watercolored the frog with inks. Added some google eyes and the saying "Hang In There" from the frog set. Sent this to my friend, Angie, who is still in the hospital.

This card was for the challenges that were held all last week at Cornish Heritage Farms using backgrounds. The only background of CHF that I own is Pretty Pattern. I embossed it in white on the blue (prisma cardstock) and also embossed it in black on the chipboard bird that I had colored with distress inks. The saying is from the set Elegant Sentiments by Treehouse.

2 comments:

StampOwl said...

see I knew you knew how to stamp hahaha

Anonymous said...

Hadn't seen the post it note holder or the CHF card.....you've been busy!
starla