Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's your day!

Well so far it isn't my day! Little one got me up at 4 and stayed awake. Actually her getting up so early was probably a good thing as our frozen pipes BUSTED!! I didn't hear the water until 4:30 when I went to check on the washing machine (where the pipes were frozen). Had to wake up poor hubby from a sound sleep to have him go turn off the water! Plumbers are here now fixing them so hopefully the rest of the day will go better!! On top of that, school is on a 2 hr delay, don't ask, I don't know..... it's only a little bit of snow!!

Since I couldn't do anything this morning, I decided to work on the color challenge, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Real Red. I also decided to combine the My Favorite Sketch with the colors.

Kind of funny that I used Time for the Bubbly, which is a bath image, when i can't even take one right now!! lol

I masked the lady in the tub, the mirror and the bubbles to add the "wallpaper" which is a stamp from Behind the Scences by My Favorite Things. Watercolored the tub, floor, mirror edge, bottle, glass and carpet. Markers were used on the flowers, edge of carpet. I put Crystal Effects on the bubbles, bottle and glass and used a white embossing marker on the mirror to give it a clear smooth surface. There is some bling on the wall with Frosted Lace stickles in the middle of the flowers. Wording is embossed in silver. The bottle and glass are on dimensions.

stamp sets: Behind the Scenes, Time for the Bubbly - My Favorite Things; ink: blue bayou, soft sky, real red, black stazon; paper: watercolor paper, blue bayou, soft sky, real red; accs: crystal effects, dimensions, silver & clear embossing powder, frosted lace stickles

3 comments:

Becky Elfert said...

Cute card with great colors. Sorry to hear about your pipes - hope everything is ok now.

Carolyn King said...

Ohhhh I love your wallpaper. sorry about the pipes.....good thing your dd woke up!!!

Jennie Skaggs said...

What a great card. Somehting you could look forward to when your house is back to order. Jennie