Tuesday, December 4, 2007

No Camera, No challenge!

Well I think my title says it all. My camera is on the fritz so I haven't been able to get a decent picture of the card I did do for the color challenge.

So I thought I'd show you some cards that I did and am slowly uploading to SCS.

Hubby is from South Africa and I am from the States. (Long story on how we met for another post) We had to go to SA 9 yrs ago as his dad had passed away. Besides visiting his family, we went sight seeing to a few Wildlife parks. The Kruger National park was one of them. What an experience that was for us (even though he was born and raised in SA, he had never been to the Kruger!) to be right there in the wilderness with wild animals just roaming around. Of course you took your life in your hands if you got out of your car as you never knew when a lion might just be waiting to pounce. (not that we saw it happen!)

Of course I took plenty of pictures but haven't scraped them as I couldn't find any African animals stamps that I liked (was introduced to SU too late to get their African set). I even found a Travel scrapbook kit at Joanns on the clearance rack for only $3.00 (regularly $15!!) a few months ago so I grabbed it for whenever I found the right stamps. I finally found them!!! Where?? (k, i'm gushing here ;) ) At RUBBERNECKR!!! woohooo I can start my scrapbook, my poor pictures aren't going to know what hit them!!

So here is the start of Our African Trip scrapbook:

I embossed the African Postcard in black detail embossing powder and watercolored it with distress inks. The wording was too pink for my taste so i sponged on some vintage photo distress ink over the bottom half of the images. I didn't want to take away from the image so I added little embellishment as I could. Even my wording I didn't want over powering the image so I made sure they were more in the background. I stamped off the year first before the final stamping on the paper.

Stamp: African Postcard - Rubbernecker; Cardstock: Scrapbook kit, white; Ink: versamark, distress inks; Acces: Black embossing powder, brads, sticker and destination strip



Here is card I made using one of the African animals. Isn't he the cutest?? We didn't see any cubs while in Africa but we did see the adults! (Hubby even walked with one!! Another scrapbook page for another day!)

I watercolored him with distress inks and then sponged more Vintage photo distress ink over him and the yellow paper to mute the colors. See the word "Africa"? That is actually from a saying but I only wanted Africa so I very carefully stamped just that word in Vintage photo distress ink!

Stamps: Cub in a circle, I am African text - Rubbernecker; Paper: Tan, Brown, Yellow; Inks: Black Stazon, Distress inks; Acces: Brads

1 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG! How neat! I'd love to hear the story of how you and your hubby met. I'd love to go to Africa someday if I ever have the chance. I bet that was the trip of a lifetime!!! :o) I love that scrapbook page for sure!!! Hugs! Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.blogspot.com