Monday, September 27, 2010

Paper Cupcake – Be Inspired

PumpkinCloseUPajhcopy
This is my last week on the Paper Cupcake Design Team as my term is over this month. Thank you, Nina for allowing me to be part of the Design Team the past 3 months. It’s been fun.

So this week’s challenge was an inspiration challenge using a Fall/Halloween (new) image.  Our inspiration was this picture:BeInspired_8_16 I

am working with Bushel of Blessings. It is right up my alley as I love Fall/scarecrows & pumpkins! When I first saw this image, my first thoughts were a shaker card. Now I was going to do a regular card but time got away from me since I had 225+ cupcakes during the week to do. So when I sat down to make my card, another idea popped into my head… a PUMPKIN card!!

I folded my cardstock in half and cut a pumpkin shape out of it having the top of the pumpkin on the fold. Using Spellbinders small Circle, I cut out the middle of my pumpkin. Drew lines on for my pumpkin and used DMC floss to “stitch” them.Colored image with copics and also cut it out with the Spellbinders Circles. Using Shake It (Shaker card) Pouches by Impression-Obsession, placed it over my image after I had added some leaves confetti to my image.

PumpkinCloseUPajhcopy Cut my stem out of brown cardstock. Attached my ribbon with wire, “curled” ribbon by attaching it to the pumpkin with Glue Dots. I then took another piece of green wire, attached it to the holding wire and curled it around an eyelet setter to get the shape.

PumpkinScarecrowajhcopy

I love how it turned out!! I’m so ready for Fall!

This is also entered in the following challenges:

Pile it On: Cute and Charming
Creative Card Crew: Autumn or Fall
Charisma Cards: Anything Goes
A Spoonfull of Sugar: Anything Goes
Wild Orchid: Ribbons and Bows
Stamp Somethings: Something with Fall Colors


          Thanks for stopping by!

                     Amber

12 comments:

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Amber this is so cute.....I love it....it's been a lot fun working with you.....

Renkata said...

SUch an adorable pumpkin.

Vee said...

Such a lovely card.Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Starla said...

CUTE!

Patti said...

What an adorable card! Great idea! I too am stepping down... it's been nice working with you and will continue to stalk you!

Nilla said...

Fabulous, very creative! All the best! Hugs Nilla

CraftinGranny said...

This is so cute Amber. Great job on the shaped card and I love this new image. We'll miss you but I'll still be stalking you....LOL
"Hugs" Carol

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is just darling Amber! I wonder if you've heard of Papercraft Star yet, if not, we'd love you to enter some of your pretty projects in our challenges! We have a DT Call coming soon as well and you can also enter our gift certificate giveaway right now! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

BethieJ said...

This is just DARLING .. so fun and fally!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO this week!
Have a GREAT day!

Dru said...

Great idea - fun cute card!! I'll miss working with you. Take care...

Pat said...

Super Halloween card Amber, and I love your gorgeous Wedding Cupcake. Sorry you are leaving the DT been great working with you.

Pat xx

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation in lovely colours, beautiful design and details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K